Monday 14 February 2011

Visit to Bedford

As part of my journey to Israel I managed to fit in a quick stop in UK. I flew into Heathrow on Friday afternoon and drove straight up to Bedford to join curry club for the evening. It was great to see everyone again and to have a proper 'Ash' curry.

I also arrived with big bag of goodies from Daiso which is hyaku en shop (same as pound land) for the kids which went down very well. Lots of socks with toes, chopsticks, Hello Kitty stuff, happi coats and banzai headbands.

Next morning had quick visit to our house to check the state of the stuff stored in our garage. All OK but I don't think our tennants know anything about gardening. My lovely lawns are not so lovely any more.

Next I went to Sainsbury to get all the things we cannot get in Japan like teabags, beans, toothpaste and decent drugs. Also got some sweets and chocolate to keep the kids happy.

Then I drove down to Mum and Dads to see them and Guy and his family. Got treated to excellent roast beef dinner. Thanks Mum.

The next day the wind was up and guy had brought his windsurfing kits so we got to sail at Stubbs beach.

At the end of the day I drove back up to Heathrow ready to get my flight early the next morning.

Our house in Bedford. They park the other way around in the drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment