Friday 11 June 2010

11th June

Was going to write some erudite blog about something or other, but have been out to lunch with a load of really raucous Aussy women, so am now somewhat the worse for wear.

Started the day very sensibly trying to help the Japanese to put some kind of structure to their marketing department. Feel like I achieved something because I managed to collar the marketing manager (who I do think knows what he's donig, and who I also think doesn't like me very much!) to clarify what it was that he wanted me to do, and to suggest some new ideas to change their somewhat stolid state (!) Anyway, seems that there are some big changes happening in the department (I think they're going to fire someone - unheard of in Japan!) Assume it's not me, as I think they would have said so! He also explained to me that he liked some of my ideas but could not change anything until after the personnel changes. So this is good, as now have something to aim for! Am now curious to know what's going on - really don't have a clue most of the time!

11:45 came and I had to make my farewells, rush to the loos to change into my posh frock, and make my way to the Grand Hyatt at Roppongi Hills (this is quite posh!) Found the restuarant, on a terrasse overlooking the skyscrapers and was handed a bottle of fizz - now I could get used to this!! Very fun lunch! I feel rather prim, and I really thought I was quite open-minded!! We concluded that Japanese men are rather asexual - clearly these Aussy women like their men to be men!! Lots of talk about the diamond parties they'd been to (don't do Tupperware here!), and expensive hotels that had been stayed in - we're so not in this league!!

3:30pm came, so grabbed a taxi with 3 other women and arrived really lake to pikc up Neve (got a bit told off!) then ran to the train and figured out which train to get to Felix's school. Got there late (got a bit told off again!) Felix had had a swimming gala and seems to have a load of medals which is great! Now waiting for Ross to get back so we can have Friday nite - not quite the same without our friends, but we do try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment