Friday 18 June 2010

Neve's and Julie's Girl's Nite Out

So, we've had a lovely evening!

Friday night, and Ross has to entertain clients, Felix gets invited to a sleepover, and I have a conference call with someone in Germany (being 7 hours behind, it's quite difficult to talk to them on the phone). So I picked up Neve after school, and took her into the office with me (where she was afforded lots of attention!), Neve sat in an rather smart office with her DS, and some colouring (and was apparently bought some biscuits by the big cheese boss, bless him!). Then when the meeting finished, Yasuo suggested we go out to Karaoke, so off we went, me, Neve and Yasuo - Neve;s three words to describe Karaoke - exciting, bit embarrasing, small room with tele in it, sofa. Then we went off to our new fave 270 yen restaurant where we met up with two other guys from the marketing department, and drank beer (and ate edamame) These guys are so lovely - really kind and made sure we had a nice evening! They are so young-looking too - one guy who I genuinely thought was abuot 35 (and certainly younger than me) said he had twin daughers who were 20 - I think my jaw dropped, so I had to ask his age - he's 51!! Baba-san is 57 and KK 58 - I thought they were all about the same age as we are!

Then they really kindly took us to a pharmacy (this is a bizzare place in Japan as there is nothing you'd recognise - all sorts of herbal things - most Dr's will apparetnly send you to an onsen (hot spring) if you're feeling under the weather, so you can imagine what they have in a pharmacy!) Anyway, we really needed something to fight back against the mozzies - becoming a real problem - so now have three things which you plug in the wall, and some stuff you put on the bite (that smells like ammonia and menthol!) Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment